Eric Clapton Details ‘Severe Reactions Which Lasted Ten Days’ After Receiving AstraZeneca Vaccine

Categories:Latest News

Rock Cellar Magazine
SHARE.

As far as obtaining the COVID-19 vaccine is concerned, it’s an ultimate “your results may vary” situation — and as far as Eric Clapton is concerned, the guitar icon’s experience skewed heavily toward the “rough” category, at least according to a new report from Rolling Stone.

In a letter Clapton apparently wrote to Italian filmmaker Robin Monotti Graziadei (confirmed by Rolling Stone), Clapton detailed his experience after obtaining the AstraZeneca vaccine:

“I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days. I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one …,” reads Clapton’s letter.

“About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone…”

That “But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone …” excerpt is consistent with Clapton’s publicly known point of view regarding the vaccine, especially considering his involvement with “Stand and Deliver,” the aggressive “anti-lockdown” song that was the creative result of a team-up with Van Morrison:

More from the Eric Clapton letter, per Rolling Stone‘s story:

“I continue to tread the path of passive rebellion and try to tow the line in order to be able to actively love my family, but it’s hard to bite my tongue with what I now know.

“Then I was directed to Van [Morrison]; that’s when I found my voice, and even though I was singing his words, they echoed in my heart,” Clapton wrote. “I recorded ‘Stand and Deliver’ in 2020, and was immediately regaled with contempt and scorn.”

Clapton also reveals in the letter that he performed on “Where Have All the Rebels Gone?”, one of the tracks on Van Morrison’s new (and rather controversial) double album, Latest Record Project Volume 1:

Comments

• julian colbeck says:

Points taken, Eric (and Van) but when you’ve spent decades at the bottom of a syringe or a bottle then you probably have to expect a different reaction to a little old lady in Shipton-Under-Wychwood, who’s prime poison has been a glass of elderberry wine at Christmas. The fact you’re still here at all is something of a medical miracle, no?

• David Maceira says:

Sad that Eric had a reaction to the second shot. Unfortunately, no two people are alike and their bodies may react differently.

• L says:

Clapton obviously didn’t need the shot. He should have stood his ground and not caved to the mob. There is extremely effective medication one can take if you catch the virus, without risking your life on an unproven test vaccine. We see the negative results every day of any of the vaccines that are being ‘sold’ to the public. Stay healthy and you can beat the virus that has a 99.8% survival rate.

• Lou says:

Bummer that Clapton had such a bad reaction to the vaccine. Should make him wonder how much worse contracting Covid would have been!

• Jim Blyth says:

I think it important to realize that this vaccine has been thrust upon us without proper trials. I also think Clapton and Morrison are to be commended , not vilified. It took considerable risk for both to ‘push back ‘ thru their artistry . That is what the artist is supposed to do . Blessings to both . And I love Morrison’s satirical humour . Sad that so many don’t or won’t .

• D Lightfoot says:

I am appalled that there is such an extreme peer pressure push for an experimental injection. At this stage calling it a vaccine is premature as all governments are saying you are still not safe with the injection, you must still wear masks, you must still isolate and remain removed from society. Governments are trying to take our rights away under the guise of SAFETY and HEALTH. Heavy sign… time to wake up before you find yourself in a train car with a promise of eternal life.

• Wisdom Chuch Nil says:

Totally disappointed in Eric’s statement/opinion although he has a right to express it AS DO I. The “mob” as “L” implied, is NOT in fact those who favor the vaccine but those who oppose it, including the anti-vaxxers, the q-anons and the insurrectionists.

• Chuck Shafer says:

Six weeks was too soon. There’s a reason that twelve weeks was required. That’s alot of vaccine in just six weeks. Would have been terrible if Eric had a reaction that impaired his guitar playing!!

• SHARE.