The iconic imagery of David Bowie lives on, and thanks to Vans, fans will have an opportunity to wear some limited-edition sneakers inspired by the Thin White Duke‘s incredible life and career.
As reported recently by the NME, the shoe company is preparing to launch a short run of special Bowie-themed shoes:
time to tune in: the Vans x David Bowie collection is coming soon! ⚡⚡⚡ pic.twitter.com/pK9fHedpgX
— Journeys (@journeys) March 20, 2019
Via the NME:
The ‘Slip-On 47 VDX’ will pay tribute to Bowie’s 1971 album, ‘Hunky Dory’ whereas ‘Sk8-Hi’ has a design paying homage to Bowie’s ‘Ziggy Stardust’ era thanks to a lightening stripe on the side panel of the sneakers.
‘The Old Skool’ shoe recalls Bowie’s 1973 ‘Aladdin Sane’ and ‘Era’ Bowie’s ‘Space Oddity’.
Vans x David Bowie
Leaked earlier last year, the David Bowie collab is set to release in 4 different models.
Releasing April 5th via Vans stores. pic.twitter.com/dXDo3bidPn
— Streetwear Night Live (@StreetNightLive) March 21, 2019
Some additional details on the special themed footwear, per Vans’ news release on Wednesday:
The Vans x David Bowie collection kicks off with a five-piece apparel and accessories capsule, with each style designed to represent remarkable moments from the Aladdin Sane and Ziggy Stardust album covers to the Serious Moonlight tour.
• The footwear collection begins by dedicating Vans Classic Era to Bowie’s first hit single “Space Oddity” from 1969. Vans’ first skate shoe showcases varying hues of blue and green and cylindrical shapes that matches back to the album art cover. The Era is finished with a black sole that is accented with the album name on the medial and tonal design details on the lateral sides.
• The Slip-On 47 V has been reimagined to include fuzzy checkerboard uppers reminiscent of the coat seen on Bowie on the Hunky Doryalbum artwork. The slip-on is accented by yellow suede uppers and is finished with the artist’s moniker on the pull-tab.
• The Sk8-Hi Platform 2.0 pays tribute to Bowie’s glam rock alter-ego Ziggy Stardust. The platform style is decked out in red patent leather and features an embossed Bowie lettering and black platform sole. Paying homage to Bowie’s inclusive nature, Vans will be offering the Sk8-Hi Platform style in an extended size range for men and women.
• Vans’ Old Skool is dedicated to David Bowie’s Aladdin Sane album and includes pearlescent pebbled leather uppers accented by the iconic red and blue lightning bolt and finished with Vans’ Sidestripe. The two renowned motifs merge on the Sk8-Hi model which has checkerboard printed sidewall and includes the Bowie lightning bolt logo lock-up overlaid across the ubiquitous print and Sidestripe.
• David Bowie’s last album, ★ is highlighted across Vans Classic Slip-On model. Using a combination of canvas and suede uppers, the vamp includes a vinyl star while the tonal black outsole includes an embossed star. The Slip-On is completed with a galaxy of stars on the footbed as a tribute to Bowie’s legacy.
The Vans x David Bowie collection is available for a limited time in select Vans retail stores and online at Vans.com/Bowie beginning April 5.