New from Steve Perry: Hear ‘No Erasin,’ from His New Album ‘Traces’ Out 10/5

New from Steve Perry: Hear ‘No Erasin,’ from His New Album ‘Traces’ Out 10/5

What’s that rule about rumors? They’re always true? OK that’s not generally how it works, but it’s definitely valid for this week’s buzz surrounding Steve Perry.

After the internet noticed new social media handles for the longtime Journey vocalist popping up and posting a cryptic message, rumors spread … and as it turns out, he has a new solo record due out Oct. 5.

Titled Traces, this will be Perry’s first new album since 1994’s For the Love of Strange Medicine. It was previewed with a track called “No Erasin”:

A message posted on Perry’s website sheds more light on Traces and its conception:

Years ago, I disappeared.
There were many reasons, but mainly…
My Love for Music had suddenly left me.
I knew that simply stopping, was what I had to do.
If music was ever to return to my heart,
then and only then I would figure out what to do.
If not… so be it,
for I had already lived the dream of dreams.
Many years passed.
One day, I began sketching some musical ideas
with the creative freedom that I was the
only one who would ever hear them.
One song led to many.
My Love for Music had returned.
Then another beautiful thing happened.
I found Love.
My precious Kellie gave me a life
I never knew I had.
I lost her December of 2012.
I now deeply understand the meaning of:
“’It’s better to have Loved and Lost,
Than to have never Loved at All.”
May of 2015,
I began recording.
These songs are special to me.
I respectfully ask that you please listen to them,
And whatever they make you feel,
I thank you for listening.

Sincerely,

Steve Perry

The track listing:

1. “No Erasin’”
2. “We’re Still Here”
3. “Most Of All”
4. “No More Cryin’”
5. “In The Rain”
6. “Sun Shines Gray”
7. “You Belong To Me”
8. “Easy To Love”
9. “I Need You”
10. “We Fly”

Stay tuned for more, and welcome back, Steve!

12 Responses to "New from Steve Perry: Hear ‘No Erasin,’ from His New Album ‘Traces’ Out 10/5"

1. Hal   August 15, 2018 at 11:33 am

With that voice, it’s hard to understand that you could ever fall out of love with music. So glad that you are back!

2. John Wicks   August 15, 2018 at 12:47 pm

Bravo, Steve!

3. David E Alderman   August 15, 2018 at 3:24 pm

So glad Steve is back!

4. Shelly   August 15, 2018 at 4:28 pm

Absolutely loved it! Happy your love for music really showed up and your spirit within. So happy you could release it to us. Thank you.

5. John   August 15, 2018 at 7:03 pm

First 3 notes and I knew I would be buying ir please tell there will be a tour

6. DENIEL EDWARDS   August 15, 2018 at 7:30 pm

GOOD LUCK STEVE I’M HOPING WE WILL BE ABLE TO TALK ONEDAY,MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES WITH KELLIE.BET OF LUCK WITH THE NEW ALBUM. DENIEL EDWARDS. 8-15-18

7. Linda Kitchens   August 16, 2018 at 4:09 am

You are my all-time favorite male vocalist. I am so glad to see you back. Looking forward to your new album.

8. Lauri Reimer   August 16, 2018 at 9:35 am

Fantastic, Steve Perry! Glad to see and hear you! …and Travis Carlton on bass, wow! Congratulations! Can’t wait to hear more.

9. Steve Baker   August 17, 2018 at 9:19 pm

You suck dude,thing is called chemistry, plant/page,jagger/richards,Tyler/perry,,and of course schon/perry.its the universe not you,gone to long and your not kind to the band who made you what you are,get back with ur band

• Darren   August 21, 2018 at 5:06 am

Well Plant/Page AREN’T together currently so they AREN’T reunited as Led Zeppelin or as a duo. You’ve got the rest correct, as Jagger/Richards and Tyler/Perry are still together. However things have been rocky at times with the above mentioned. Just because bands have chemistry doesn’t mean the personalities of the members always work together in the long run. It’s unlikely that Lennon/McCartney would’ve lasted forever beyond 1970. The same with Bachman/Cummings.

10. Lynda meincke   August 19, 2018 at 9:07 am

Welcome back Steve. We all love you. Your voice is magic!

11. Lynda meincke   August 19, 2018 at 9:11 am

Welcome back Steve. When I heard your voice it left me in tears. Missed you. So glad to hear you your voice is magic!