As previously mentioned, the Doors will release a new DVD/Blu-ray set titled R-Evolution on
December 3 January 21.
R-Evolution features a bounty of early Doors performances, including (as the press release detailed):
This collection shows many aspects of The Doors on film. Rarities include the band’s full performance on “Shebang”, an interview with Dick Clark, a color version of the band’s appearance on “Malibu U” (and never before seen outtakes), the complete, color version of Hello, I Love You from German TV, the director’s cut of the 1985 L.A. Woman short film, and as bonus features, a new edit by Murray Lerner from the 1970 Isle of Wight festival and the infamous film commissioned by the Ford Motor Company in 1966 with The Doors providing the soundtrack.
With the exception of the Ford piece, all the audio has been restored by Bruce Botnick, the band’s long time engineer and co-producer of the L.A. Woman album.
Alternatively, you can also purchase the Deluxe Edition, which includes the disc packaged in a hardback, 40-page book featuring notes, pictures, and other memorabilia. Click here to pre-order the Deluxe DVD and here for the Deluxe Blu-ray edition.
To fully understand the scope of this release, here’s the track listing:
- Break On Through (To The Other Side): Music Film – January 1967
- Break On Through (To The Other Side): Shebang – March 6, 1967
- The Crystal Ship: American Bandstand – July 22, 1967
- Light My Fire: American Bandstand – July 22, 1967
- Light My Fire: Malibu U – August 25 1967
- People Are Strange: Murray The K In New York – September 22, 1967
- Moonlight Drive: From The Jonathan Winters Show – December 27, 1967
- The Unknown Soldier: Music Film – February 1968
- Hello, I Love You: Musik Für Junge Leute: 4-3-2-1 Hot And Sweet – September 13, 1968
- Touch Me: The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour – December 15, 1968
- Wild Child: Music Film – July 1969
- Roadhouse Blues: Music Film – February 1970
- Crawling King Snake: GTK (Get To Know) – December 1970
- The Changeling: Music Film – April 1971
- Gloria: Music Film – October 1983
- People Are Strange: Music Film – 1980’s
- Strange Days: Music Film – 1984
- L.A. Woman: Music Film – 1985
- Ghost Song: Music Film – 1995