This may sound like a joke, but it most definitely is not. Pope Francis, currently in the United States for a high-profile visit, will release a pop/rock album in November. Yes, the REAL Pope Francis.
Titled Wake Up!, Rolling Stone reports that it will wind up, “delivering sacred hymns and excerpts of his most moving speeches in multiple languages paired with uplifting musical accompaniment ranging from pop-rock to Gregorian chant.”
Apparently, the Pope speaks Italian, English, Spanish and Portuguese on the album’s 11 tracks, which touch on themes including peace, the environment, dignity and more.
Here’s the track listing for Wake Up!:
1. Annuntio Vobis Gadium Mangum
2. Salve Regina
3. Laudato Sie…
4. Poe Que’ Sufren Los Ninos
5. Non Lasciatevi Rubare La Speranza!
6. La Iglesia No Puede Ser Una Ong!
7. Wake Up! Go! Go! Forward!
8. La Fa Es Entera, No Se Licua!
9. Pace! Fratelli!
10. Per La Famiglia
11. Fazei O Que Ele Vos Disser
This sure is a surprising development…