Esteemed blues musician Walter Trout dealt with some serious medical issues last year – but after receiving a liver transplant, he’s now healthy & ready to get back out on the stage.
Monday morning, word broke that Trout feels well enough to return to touring life. Along with some 2015 tour dates, Trout also issued this statement:
The last year has been one where the blues truly came calling, and I came face to face with death more than once. My wife moved me to Nebraska to improve my chances of getting a life-saving liver transplant, and after a long wait, I got my new liver on May 26th, 2014. Since then I have been filled with immense gratitude. Gratitude for the fans who supported me via fundraisers, cards, messages, thoughts and prayers, for the donor and his or her family, for medical science, for my family, and for life itself. Everything matters more to me now. Now, 8 months after my transplant I feel like a new man. I have strength and energy. In some ways I feel like I am in my 20’s again! The past couple of years of playing I was getting dizzy spells, severe cramps in my hand and forearm and played many shows in severe pain. It turns out that was a result of my deteriorating liver. That is gone now! I am able to play better than I have in years. I feel reborn. I cannot wait to get back out on the road again and do what I love to do for my fans. The future looks great!
His first public appearance since the health scare is set for June 15 at the Royal Albert Hall in London, England, with many others lined up afterwards. Here’s the schedule:
- 6/15 London, UK Royal Albert Hall
- 7/10 San Juan Capistrano, CA The Coach House
- 7/21 Davenport, IA Redstone Room
- 7/23 Sioux City, IA Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- 7/25 St. Paul, MN Lowertown Blues Festival
- 7/31 Norfolk, CT Infinity Music Hall
- 8/01 Wilmington, DE Riverfront Blues Festival
- 8/02 Annapolis, MD Ram’s Head
- 8/04 New York, NY B.B. King’s
- 8/07 Niagara Falls, NY Bear’s Den @ Seneca Casino
- 8/08 Wheeling, WV Heritage Blues Festival
- 8/14 Chicago, IL Buddy Guy’s Legends
- 8/15 Wausau, WI Big Bull Falls Blues Festival
- 9/10 Las Vegas, NV Big Blues Bender
- 9/11 Las Vegas, NV Big Blues Bender
- 11/17 Stockton, UK Arc
- 11/18 Glasgow, UK ABC
- 11/20 Holmfirth, UK Picturedrome
- 11/21 London, UK Forum
- 11/24 Leamington Spa, UK Assembly
- 11/25 Frome, UK Cheese & Grain
- 11/28 Amsterdam, Netherlands Carre
- 12/01 Hamburg, Germany Fabrik
- 12/02 Berlin, Germany Kesselhaus
- 12/03 Bochum, Germany RuhrCongress
- 12/06 Munich, Germany Feriheiz
A prolific musician, Trout released a record last year called The Blues Came Callin’, and teamed up with John Mayall for a special Black Friday Record Store Day release back in November 2014.
Stay tuned for any additional news & notes regarding Walter Trout’s 2015 plans!